This document and draft of Ethical code is based on an analysis of existing regulations, governing the professional ethics for law enforcement, health and social protection and childcare services. The document reviews the ethical codes that are mandatory in the work of the civil servants in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the doctors, the Code of Ethics for Magistrates, and the people who work with children according to the requirements of the State Agency for Child Protection.
For the purposes of this analysis, the following criteria have been selected, on which a confidential analysis of the listed documents has been made:
1) Scope of the Code - here it is examined the area in which it applies: social, health, justice, education, etc., as well as the professionals to whom it is addressed;
2) the purpose of the code - what it wants to regulate;
3) guiding principles that underlie professional ethics and moral behavior;
4) the existence of specific norms for behavior towards children at all - these norms whether they take into account and recognize the need for an adapted approach to children in line with child development;
5) the existence of specific standards of behavior towards children who have been victims of crime – if these norms take into account and recognize the need to apply special knowledge and skills as well as the attitude towards the child victim of crime;
6) are the obligations and consequences of failure mentioned in the code;
7) are there clear mechanisms mentioned in the document for its application in practice and who is responsible for being informed with the document and to increase the competence of the workers.